We had lots of interesting stops and side trips throughout.
- Mt Messenger Bush views at the tunnel on the way to Mokau and New Plymouth.
- Mt Egmont
- Paritutu Rock - New Plymouth
- Cape Egmont Historic Lighthouse
- Kaupokonui Beach
- Turuturumokai Historic Pa Reserve - Hawera
- Hawera Water Tower - No photo
- Waiinu Beach
- Wanganui - Durie Hill Elevator and Tower War Memorial and Historic buildings.
- Foxton Windmill and Flax Stripping Museum.
- Paraparaumu - Southwards Car Museum.
- Wellington - Cable Car, Zeelandia, Pencarrow Head Lighthouses. South coast to Owhiro Bay.
- The Forgotten Highway - State Highway 43 to Whangamomona and on to Taumarunui. Beautiful old growth bush reserves. Whangamomona Pub.
- Tokaanu - Hot pools. Free camp at the boat club.
- Orakie Korako Geothermal Park.
- Waiotapu - Free geothermal mud pool on Waiotapu Loop Road.
- Whakatane - Kiwi Boy sculpture. Kapu Te Rangi Historic Reserve and lookouts.
- Waihi - Historic Ti Tree Cafe Eatery